Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Yay Hey, No Way!

Yo ho mateys away!  There'll be treasure and adventure today! 

Yes, I could type out the whole song to "Jake and the Neverland Pirates."  And if you have a Pre-schooler I'm sure you could too!  My son loves "Pirates" as he calls it.  I think it's kinda cute too, I like when Izzy says, "Yay hey, no way!" (Hence the title of the post).

On to the cookies... 

My friend Vonda asked me to make some pirate cookies for her son Brandon's birthday party.  I was so excited when she asked me because I had just found this tutorial on easy pirate cookies!  I love how simple they are but so cute!  If you haven't looked through Sweet Sugar Belle's blog, you need to!  She is amazing and gives great tutorials.  She has really good ones for beginners.  And I love how creative she is with cookie cutters, using them for different cookie designs.


And I saw her pirate ship cookies here.  For the black marks on the wood, I used an edible marker and I love the detail that adds.

Happy birthday Brandon!

1 comment:

Vonda Axe said...

The cookies were a huge hit as usual. We loved them!