Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Thomas the Train

My son's 3rd birthday party was on Saturday and we had a Thomas theme. He loves Thomas! Here are the cookies I did:
I originally saw the idea here quite a while ago and thought if we had a Thomas party that I would make them. They were so fun! I'll show you the cookie cutters I used at the end of the post. My little "expert" was able to tell me who he was when he first saw the cookies so I took that as a compliment :)
I made some cupcakes too, I used a box mix but made the buttercream icing.
I had so much fun planning this party! I enjoy crafting and designing so this was perfect for me. Since my daughter was in the hospital the week before, I had to cut a few things out that I wanted to do. But here were the little favor bags with the cookies wrapped up inside.
I made these water bottle labels and they were so easy! When I first looked into how to make them, I saw that most people use waterproof labels. But I saw this tutorial and realized I could make my own! So I just printed these out and cut them and then used packing tape to seal them. Like she says in the tutorial, they're not completely waterproof. I had kept them in the fridge until right before the party and then put them in the ice chest and they worked great!
So here are the cookie cutters I used. The engine part is a wedding cake cutter and I used the small circle cutter and did the same technique as I used here on the rainbow cookies. Then the larger circle cookies is the face. I baked and decorated them separately and then when the cookies were dry, I used royal icing to attach them to the engine part of the cookie.


We're having his family party this weekend and I'm doing a different theme. It's his newest favorite...a certain little mouse with big yellow shoes :) I'm excited to plan for that one too!

No comments: