Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Last week I did some cookies for my friend Amy's daughter's birthday. She had a Wizard of Oz theme. Kelly took some really cute pictures from the party. It turned out so cute!!! All of Amy's parties are so adorable. You can see Kelly's post here.
I didn't have a rainbow cookie cutter so here's what I did:
I couldn't find my big, plain circle cutter so I used this scalloped one, which I thought would be cute anyway.
Then I used a small circle cutter and cut a half circle out of the big circle. I did that on both sides straight across from each other. I didn't measure or anything, just eyeballed it. Then I cut a whole circle out of more dough...
And filled the little notches. I did this on wax paper on the counter but it's better to do this on the cookie sheet that you're going to bake them on because they will fall off when you move them. Then I just kinda smoothed them together so they would bake together.
This picture is a little blurry but then I cut off the bottom part of the big circle at the bottom of the little circles. And there you have it, a cookie ready to be made into a rainbow!

No comments: